Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chinese New Year Party

This January we had an exciting Chinese culture activity where we learned about the Chinese New Year, some of the struggles the Chinese people have to endure, and had a delicious Chinese meal. We painted Chinese characters, made paper lanterns and played some chopstick and balloon games too. I don't have many pictures to share because I lost my camera temporarily during the activity, but I'll still post the few I was able to take.

Lani gave a great talk/discussion on China to our group.
We ate on the floor Oriental style...


The meal was very delicious, thanks to Liz and DeeAnn. For the un-adventurous who didn't like the yummy chow mein, spring rolls, or dried squid, there were chicken nuggets with homemade sweet and sour sauce too.

I was amazed how well some of the kids used their chopsticks!

Thanks DeeAnn for coming up with this idea and getting it organized! Everyone had an enjoyable time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yes We Did!